Steel Studs will not rot, warp, split, crack or creep. Steel Studs are also Dimensional stable. Steel Studs do not expand or contract to changes in the weather, and retains no moisture which is also critical for Indoor Air Quality.
Consistent material quality – produced in strict accordance with national standards. no regional variations. Steel Stud framing will produce a building frame that exceeds all building codes.
Steel Stud Use: Less scrap and waste (2% for steel vs. 20% for lumber)More Steel is recycled everyday than all the glass, paper, aluminum and other plastics combined.
Price stability – price spikes are extremely rare
Consumer perceives steel as better
Benefits to the Consumer
High strength results in safer structures, less maintenance and slower aging of structure
- Not vulnerable to termites
- Not vulnerable to any type of fungi or organism, including mold
- Less probability of foundation problems – less weight results in less movement
- Less probability of damage in an earthquake
- Lighter structure with stronger connections results in less seismic force
- Less probability of damage in high winds
- Stronger connections, screwed versus nailed